Informazioni sul libro
The story of a World War II war veteran, 'Tom' Challis, who was called up at the start of the war and fought in Africa, India and Burma. He was a Chindit with the 14th Brigade, 1st Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regiment. Having met 'Ena' Challis shortly before the war, they engaged in the longest of all long distance relationships; sending letters across seas for many years. On Tom's return to England, Ena and him got married and began a family. First becoming parents and then grandparents. Much of this account was recorded by their son and then transcribed and built upon by their granddaughter.
Funzionalità e dettagli
- Categoria principale: Storia familiare / Albero
- Categorie aggiuntive Romanzi rosa, Storia
Formato del progetto: 20×25 cm
N° di pagine: 104
- Copertina morbida: 9781006994098
- Copertina rigida rivestita: 9781006994081
- Data di pubblicazione: mag 10, 2021
- Lingua English
- Parole chiave love story, World War II, Chindits, Burma
Lover of all historical fiction, wine and partial to the occasional run and hike. Now living in Quebec, Canada with my French-Canadian fiancé after a career running public relations and marketing campaigns for cyber security companies.